Tuesday, October 19, 2010

1st M.P. of Junior Year

Independent reading book, themes, To Kill a Mockingbird book, and blogs... The 1st marking period of the junior year had a tough beginning compared to the last year's. Last year, the expectations were pretty low, that I did not have to study or try hard to get A or B, but junior year required more time and more efforts. When I put same amount of time and effort with sophomore year, I could not satisfy with my grade.
To make improvements for myself, few things has to be changed. First, I need to organize myself. Get organized then everything gets easier. For example, I can make a little calender or agenda that lists the series of events or schedules for the class. If I know when I have test or quiz, I get to prepare for it and study. Also when I read a book, I can jot down some notes that will remind what the story was about. Secondly, time management is important. Wait until last day and do it at night does not work. I had to manage my time to schedule myself. For example, "Choose independent reading book and start reading it by late September" "Finish half of the book by October 10th" "Finish reading book by October 24th." Once I was waiting until the last day to read To Kill a Mockingbird. But on that day, unexpected tests / quizzes was planned on other class and I had to stay up late to finish all that. Good time managment leads to the better grade.

1 comment:

  1. I agree, the difference between effort form last year to this year changed a lot. I noticed that my agenda book is filled up so much, know i know it is useful. Yes, being organized the one of the main ways of getting things done. Lets hope that the next marking period we all do better and learn from our mistakes.

    ReplyDelete